- One Portabella mushroom has as much potassium as a small banana.
- Fresh mushrooms are the only vegetable that contain Vitamin D naturally.
- Mushrooms are not a seasonal item, they are grown year round right here in Canada.
- Mushrooms are good for you! They are loaded with B vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants selenium & ergothioneine.
- Always store fresh mushrooms in a brown paper bag in the fridge.
- Recent research shows that white button mushrooms may help to prevent breast and prostate cancers.
posted by Brittany