I don't know about you, but when I'm scouring the internet for delicious recipes, I always find myself clicking through the pages of EatInEatOut Magazine. There are so many fantastic dishes and ideas to make every meal delicious! In the new Spring Issue, mushrooms are featured in a few tasty meals...
This is an easy, weeknight take on the traditional Burmese/Chinese noodle dish.
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 tsp turmeric
2 lbs turkey boneless thighs or breasts
1 cup mushrooms, sliced (any type)
1/2 tsp ginger, minced
1/2 cup shallots, minced
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
3 cups poultry broth, low sodium
2 cups water
2 Tbsp fish sauce
salt to taste
455 g dried rice noodles
4 Tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup coriander, chopped
2 Tbsp scallion greens, sliced
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Remove meat from turkey parts. Cut into 1” pieces. Refrigerate.
2. Heat oil in a large pan over high heat and stir in turmeric. Reduce heat to medium-high; add shallots and cook for 4 minutes until transparent. Add garlic and ginger, cook 1 minute. Add turkey and mushrooms cook, about 7 minutes.
3. Add broth, water, fish sauce and
season to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender. Set aside.
4. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook rice noodle 3-4 minutes.
5. To serve: In each of 4 bowls place noodles, top with turkey mixture.
Garnish with peanuts, egg, a squeeze of lime, scallion greens and chopped coriander.
Serves 4 – 6.
Per serving: 473 calories, 15.3 g fat, 1500 mg
Recipe Courtesy of EatInEatOut Magazine.