Mushroom Cream Sauce with Pasta
by Louisa of Living Lou
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
2 tbsp olive oil
6 pieces of bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1/2 an onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp butter
1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
8 sprigs fresh thyme
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup 15% cream
1 package of fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bacon, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, cook for another minute or until fragrant.
3. Next, add butter, mushrooms, and fresh thyme. Sauce for 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to cook down.
4. Finally, add the white wine, cooking for 3-5 minutes, then add the cream and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until sauce has thickened up.
5. Remove sprigs of thyme and serve over pasta.
Follow along with Louisa's beautifully redesigned blog at Living Lou.
Follow Louisa on Twitter and Pinterest.