Growing up with a nutritionist for a mother, meals were always very healthy and home-cooked, but somehow my dad's influence snuck through on Fridays. Friday was pizza night and we all got to place our orders with our favourite toppings. This tradition has stuck around and while we don't always order out anymore, we make sure we have some variation to keep our bellies satisfied.
On a recent trip home, mom pulled out all of the fixings to cook up our own, personalized panzarotti's. We hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did!
Baked Mushroom Panzarotti
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min
450g Pre-made Multigrain Pizza Dough
1/3 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup chopped spinach
1 tbsp chopped red or yellow pepper
2 pepperettes, sliced
8oz sliced crimini mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
(optional) shredded cheese, bacon bits, ham
1. Divide pizza dough into 4 small bowls and roll out onto a floured surface into circles.
2. Cover surface with spaghetti sauce and sliced mushrooms, then top with your favourite pizza ingredients.
3. Fold circle in half and using a fork, close edges and pierce top a few times.
4. Baste top of Panzerotti with olive oil.
5. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
6. Serve with your favourite tomato sauce.