Given the active lifestyle of our family, we also needed meals that were quick, easily reheated and made for great leftovers. Combining all our wants and needs into one meal was no easy task, and yet, mom was able to pull it off every time.
To this day, one of my favourite go-to meals for busy weeknights is Pizza Casserole. It's packed full of mushrooms, pepperoni, peppers, cheese and any other pizza topping your little heart desires! This is the perfect customizable recipe for any family.
2 cups penne pasta
8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
6 oz pepperoni
1/2 tsp each of basil, oregano, garlic powder
1 can pizza sauce or tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
(optional pizza toppings) bell peppers, banana peppers, olives, bacon, etc.
1. Cook the pasta according to the package's directions
2. Combine pasta, toppings and pizza sauce in a casserole dish
3. Stir to mix everything together and top with spices and cheese
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake on 400F for 20 minutes
5. Remove from oven, let cool and serve!
Share your favourite "pizza flavoured" recipe below!