Angie of Friday Is Cake Night has sent in an appetizer recipe that anyone would be happy to eat as an entire meal. Don't share the Blend & Extend secret and watch as the kids devour this Bacon Double Cheeseburger Tart!
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Tart by Friday Night Is Cake Night
2 squares puffed pastry thawed
1 medium onion
2 tbsp olive oil salt and pepper
4 thick slices of bacon
1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend cheese
Arugula to garnish
1. Peel and slice the onion
2. In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onions to the oil, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set the onions aside in a bowl.
4. Cook the bacon and dice into small pieces. Set aside
5. Clean the mushrooms and pulse in a food processor until finely chopped.
6. Add the mushrooms to the frying pan along with the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink.
7. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
8. Roll both squares of the puffed pastry into roughly 9x13 sizes
9. Top with pizza sauce, beef mixture, bacon and onions. Finish with the grated cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.
10. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
11. Garnish with Arugula.
Join the competition for your chance to win an “Appetizer Spotlight” at the Blend & Extend table at the FBC conference in October.