We are Erik and Lisa behind the blog HappyHealthyHunters. We are a Swedish health entrepreneur couple currently living in Paris. We are on a mission to inspire others to eat more plant based and less meat and at the same time good for the body. We are really excited for the opportunity to be a guest blogger for Mushroom Canada as we are mushroom lovers.
We have always had a good relationship with mushrooms. We love the mushrooms we find in stores, but also love picking Chanterelles in the forests and using them for a sauce with butter, cream and onions. When we decided to eat less meat, mushrooms were a great substitute for the protein. Here in Paris, we have open markets everywhere so we really got a good supply of fresh mushrooms to experiment with.
Forest Mushroom Omelette with Blueberries
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
100 grams Mushrooms (we used a blend of Oyster, Crimini and Chanterelle Mushrooms)
100 grams chopped Onion
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 Clove of garlic
20 grams of blueberries
• First fry the mushrooms in a dry medium size pan so that the water evaporates from the mushrooms.
• Chop the onion into small pieces.
• When the mushrooms are done add the onion and the oil and lit fry together with the mushrooms until the onion becomes transparent.
• Mix the eggs with the milk and grate in the garlic, add the salt and pepper.
• Lower the heat and add the egg mixture to the frying pan. Give it a good stir so that the mushrooms and the onions are spread through the omelet.
• Cook for 8-10 minutes until the eggs have coagulated.
If you liked this mushrooms recipe you may also want to try:
Healthy Mushroom soup with spicy Popcorn!
Vegetarian taco alternative with mushrooms & sweet potato
Suppertime Salmon Omelettes
Thanks to Erik and Lisa for sharing a very creative, and delicious omelette recipe! The blueberries are a nice contrast in this meal and really help bring out the mushroom flavour.
Find Erik and Lisa online at HappyHealthyHunters, on Twitter and Pinterest!