Today we're sharing another appetizer that made it in under the wire- a tasty one bite fettuccine!! Loreta and Nicoletta of SugarLoveSpices have a wonderful creative side that really shines in this recipe.
One Shot Shiitake Egg Fettuccine
- 4 medium shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried mixed mushrooms (Oyster and Portabella)
- 2 tbsps chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp fresh chives
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp wild mushroom infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 boiled egg
- 4 sage leaves, fried
- 50 g. fettuccine
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Soak dried mushrooms in warm water for about 15 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
2) Wash and chop fresh mushrooms. Put an egg on boil for 15 minutes.
3) Put 8 cups of salted water to boil.
4) In a sauté pan heat up 2 tbsps olive oil, toss in onion and garlic, and cook till onions are translucent. Add fresh and dried mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the white wine and vegetable broth. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add whipping cream and simmer till sauce thickens a bit. Set aside.
5) Put fettuccine in boiling salted water and cook as per package instructions. Drain fettuccine and put in sauté pan with mushroom and cream sauce, leaving some mushrooms aside for garnish.
6) Chop boiled egg in half, separate the white and the yolk. Finely chop the white and hand crumble the yolk.
7) Take a fork and a spoon and spin fettuccine into a nice bundle and place in serving spoons, leaving enough room for mushrooms and egg.
8) Place some of the remaining sauteéd mushrooms and cream sauce on top of fettuccine, spoon a dash of the chopped egg white on top of the mushrooms, forming a bit of a well. Place the crumbled egg yolk into the egg white well. Sprinkle with paprika, garnish with more mushrooms and fried sage leaves.
9) Serve and enjoy.
Follow Loreto and Nicoletta online at SugarLoveSpices and on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
We are Loreto and Nicoletta and our food blog is SugarLoveSpices. A place where our passion for organic, local and good quality ingredients meets our creativity. A blend of cultures, traditions and beautiful memories.
Thank you to all of the bloggers who took part in our “Appetizer Spotlight” contest! The winning recipe will be announced on September 14th and will be featured at the Mushrooms Canada table at FBC2015 in October. See you there!