Hi! My name is Chrissie Baker. I write a food blog called The Busy Baker that features easy, healthy, family-friendly recipes that anyone can make and enjoy (along with a decadent dessert every now and then, just to keep in real!). I’m a middle school special education teacher, but right now I’m enjoying staying home full time with my kids and cooking up all kinds of fun recipes to share on my blog. I’m excited to be a guest blogger on Mushrooms.ca today!
I’ve always loved mushrooms and I grew up eating them in soup and stir-fry, pasta sauces, over steak and chicken, and just raw as a snack. They’re a regular part of our family’s diet now because they’re so delicious and they’re a great source of fibre and vitamin D. We love enjoying all kinds of mushrooms from crimini mushrooms in sauces and appetizers, to shiitake mushrooms in my dad’s famous hot and sour soup, to white button mushrooms on pizza! I’ve always thought there’s nothing better than mushrooms on pizza, and that’s why I’m so excited to share these Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Wonton Cups with you today! It’s a simple recipe that even the kids can help you make, and they make a great appetizer for a party or game day, or you can enjoy them for lunch with a side salad or veggies.
Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Wonton Cups
Prep Time: 10 mins. | Cook Time: 10-12 mins.
24 wonton wrappers
Canola oil cooking spray
1 cup dry mini pepperoni slices
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8-10 white button mushrooms, chopped, plus 2-3 more for slicing
1 small jar of your favourite pizza sauce
chopped cilantro or fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with some canola oil cooking spray and line each muffin cup with 2 wonton wrappers, offsetting them to create a “flower petal” effect.
3. Layer some of the shredded cheese, the pepperoni slices, and the chopped mushrooms into each of the cups and spoon a tablespoon or so of the pizza sauce overtop.
4. Add another small sprinkling of cheese and a few more pepperoni slices on top of the sauce, and add one mushroom slice on the very top.
5. Bake the wonton cups for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and the mushrooms brown, and serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Mushroom Crostini with Herbs and Garlic appetizer recipe!
Who doesn't love pizza flavours?! Bringing a healthy twist to a family favourite is certainly a winner in my books. A big welcome, and thank you to Chrissie for sharing her tasty treats!
Be sure to follow along with Chrissie online at The Busy Baker and on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!