It's our final day sharing the entries of our Appetizer Spotlight contest, featuring so many mouthwatering blended appetizers. Our winner will be announced Friday September 9th!!
Do you have a winner picked out?
Maybe today's recipe will change your mind. Our final entry, submitted only hours before the deadline, comes from Lesli of True Sustenance. Her Moussaka Mini Pies feature a juicy blend of ground beef, ground pork and mushrooms! This is certainly an exciting entry to finish off another fun year of this contest.
½ lb. ground beef
½ lb. ground pork
8 oz. finely chopped mushrooms
1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped zucchini
2 garlic cloves
1 – 5.5 oz. can tomato paste
1 c. of white wine
3 T. chopped parsley
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
4 T. butter
4 T. flour
2 c. milk
2 egg yolks
½ c. feta
1. Brown beef and pork, add mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions are translucent. Add the remaining ingredients. Set Aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan. Add flour, blend well with a whisk. Whisk in milk, until mixture thickens. Whisk in egg yolks. Mix in feta.
3. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees and bake 24 mini pie shells. Cook as directed on box. Remove from oven.
4. Put oven on broil.
5. Place 1 T. of filling and 1-2 tsp. of Béchamel sauce in each mini pie shell. Arrange on tray. Place tray under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, Béchamel should not turn brown.
6. Arrange on your appetizer table with tiny spoons. Enjoy!
A HUGE thank you goes out to all of the FBC Members who joined the Appetizer Spotlight competition with their own blended recipe!