Hey there! I’m Carmy, from carmyy.com where I blog about all things food, fitness, and travel! I’m a recent grad from the University of Toronto and have transitioned into recipe development, social media management, and food photography thanks to my little corner of the internet. Today I’m very excited to be sharing this recipe here as pizza is my go-to comfort food.
Stuffed Pizza Balls/Pull Apart Bread in a Skillet
Pizza balls. Pizza pull apart bread. Pizza in a skillet. Either way, pizza pizza pizza! The perfect game day snack or just a fun way to make your next pizza.
Prep time: 20 mins | Bake time: 30 mins
• 1 tube of biscuit dough (10)
• 1 bag of pepperoni (or 30-40 pepperoni)
• 1 bag of shredded cheese
• ¼ block of mozzarella cheese (70g), cubed
• 1 cup of mushrooms
1. Heat up the oven to 400F
2. Cut in half the biscuits dough.
3. Flatten each piece and wrap up your stuffing of choice in each piece of dough (pepperoni, mushroom, cheese cube).
4. Place each ball into the skillet.
5. Place extra pepperoni, cheese, and mushrooms on top of the pizza balls.
6. Pop it into the oven for 30 minutes. If you want to put in extra cheese/toppings on top, pull it out of the oven after the pizza balls have been cooked and put on the additional toppings.
Do not over top the pizza balls or it'll prevent the dough from cooking all the way through. Put on additional toppings afterwards.
I set aside one piece of biscuit dough to use to fill after rips when shaping the pizza balls.
Love this recipe? You've got to try these great ideas:
Double Cheese, Bacon, Mushroom, and Egg Hash
Chickpea and Brown Rice Burger
You just can't beat the amazing flavours of this simple appetizer! It'll certainly be a new weekend favourite. A big thanks to Carmy for joining us in the kitchen.
Don't forget to follow along online at Carmyy.com, and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!